Monday, February 9, 2015

// Homemade Laundry Soap


I finally needed to make laundry soap again! My last batch lasted me a little over a year. I couldn't imagine spending money on laundry detergent very few weeks ever again. I was able to go to Walmart and get all my supplies and it took me less than 10 minutes to put this all together. Up front it costs aroun $30 dollars to get the supplies which include the jar. Walmart had this one for around ten dollars. 
Here's what you will need:
1 box washing soda
1 box borax
1 run of oxi clean ( the smaller tub) 
1 Zote soap or Fels Naptha. Either will work. 
1 Purex Crystals. 
I picked this one up because it said it was hypoallergenic for baby but any of those downy crystals they have now will work so pick a scent you like! I added the Purex crystals to add some softener. My clothes tended to get a little static and not as soft as using a normal detergent and so far I'm happy I added this in to this batch! 
I picked up the Zote soap instead of the Fels Naptha soap. It smells a lot better and it's a fun pink color! 

You will need a cheese grater to grate that up and that is the most work it will take to put this all together. Grate it into a garbage bag.
 Once that's finished add all the other ingredients and tie the garbage bag off and start mixing! I would shake it but it's pretty heavy so I just kept rolling it around my counter to get it mixed. Then I cut off an end and started pouring into my jar! 
Ta-da! 
The oxi clean comes with a scoop with four lines. I use the bottom one for my normal laundry and half for towels and linens. Like a measuring cup so about 1/4 filled for everyday laundry. 

That's it! Super easy and it only adds up to a few cents a load. Can't beat that! Anyway I can save money, I'm in! Plus this jar just looks so cute in the laundry area. 

Love Forever, 
Chel Chel 


No comments:

Post a Comment